A complete weather tightness building inspection for your home
A weather tightness property inspection for homes or businesses involves a thorough and comprehensive report of the building, inside and out. A building inspection and report assesses your property for moisture penetration, moisture levels, internal moisture penetration from internal wet areas, structural and health risks, gradual deterioration and general and preventative maintenance needed.
Reports include photos, a detailed description of the areas and any issues. If needed a scope of works with remedial plan and a full estimate for any needed repair, remedial or maintenance work can be provided.
Moisture readings will be taken with non-invasive meters and are investigated if any leaks or water damage is found. Any areas of concern will be identified including aspects of general and preventative maintenance needed. Structural stability and weather tightness is checked.
Any areas of interest where water gets in via the cladding or roofing system, or areas of internal moisture penetration which can result in wet timber framing that raises the likelihood of timber decay due to consistent elevated moisture levels are clearly identified.
You will get a full written report advising the following points:
- Moisture penetration.
- Internal moisture penetration.
- Gradual damage or deterioration.
- Moisture levels.
- Structural defects.
- Health risks.
- Significant defects.
- Insulation and thermal performance.
We look at all areas of your home or commercial property including: the site, subfloor, exterior, cladding, drainage, joinery, deck and patio, roof exterior, roof space, interior, services, accessory units, ancillary spaces and buildings. If you are the property owner or vendor/seller our inspections ensure:
- A clear overview of any maintenance required.
- You are aware of any current issues on the property that require urgent attention.
- You know what needs to be done to prevent a leaky home.
- You are aware of any future problems that may arise due to the type of construction or materials used.
If you are the purchaser you receive:
- Peace of mind on any possible moisture problems.
- Knowledge of any current issues on the property due to moisture or methods of construction or materials used.
- Identification of any future maintenance or construction investments that may need to be done.
- A pre-purchase building report, which can assist your solicitor in regards to any possible illegal work carried out and not recorded on any local authority records.
- Compliance with current building code.
A Pre-Purchase Inspection
Used by home buyers who require a report on the water tightness, building integrity and compliance with current building code, structural and general condition of a property.
This report includes full non-invasive moisture testing around all windows, doors, bottom plates, top plates, cladding junctions and high risk areas. This report can upgraded to include thermal imaging. Written reports come with Professional Indemnity Insurance and meet banks and legal requirements.
What your pre-purchase inspection report will include.
We provide a comprehensive room-by-room written building inspection report that covers the overall condition of the property internally and externally, a clear summary of any issues and relevant full colour photos. This also includes:
- Sub-floor structure (including ventilation and soil condition)
- Borer and pest detection
- Roof space
- Exterior cladding
- Exterior joinery
- Spouting and downpipes
- Plumbing and drainage (general)
- Moisture detection
- Hot water system
- Site items (retaining walls, etc)
- Impending and preventative maintenance
We aim to provide accurate, timely, building inspection reports.
A Pre-Sale Inspection
This is for home owners wanting to sell their property. Importantly, this report identifies any current or maintenance issues so that you, the home owner, can either carry out the needed repair, remedial or maintenance works or proceed to sale knowing what will be found when the prospective purchaser has a pre- purchase inspection carried out.
Used by property owners wanting to be able to supply a comprehensive building and weather tightness report to prospective purchasers on the condition of their property.
Weather Tight Solutions can supply individually named copies of the report directly to prospective purchasers ready to be used by their bank and lawyers, saving both time and money.
Many Real Estate agents recommend getting this report done to be able to accurately advise buyers of the condition of the marketed property. This report can be upgraded to include thermal imaging.
The written report meets banks and legal requirements.