Fix your leaky home & building problems
If a recent House Inspection or Weather tightness Report has shown leaks in your residential or commercial property, it is crucial to fix the problem promptly before it gets any worse.
We specialise in:
- Remedial work & repairs for rotten or decaying timber.
- Remedial work for leaks in your roof, windows, doors or walls.
- Waterproofing solutions.
Having a leaky home can be extremely stressful, therefore we want to provide professional solutions that make the process easy and as stress free as possible.
Fixing a small hole or leak in your home can make a huge difference. In the long run it can avoid huge expense. We want to repair and restore your home with the best solutions and at the most effective price.
Organise building plans and consents from Council
- We can arrange for concept drawings & complete building plans to be drawn up for you, using a qualified Draughtsman.
- We submit your Building Plans to Council for approval.
- Organise and handle all Council Inspections through to Code of Compliance.
Why you should use Weather Tight Solutions?
- We use only qualified LBP’s and experienced and qualified sub trades.
- We are owner operated.
- We have worked on a wide range of homes in varying conditions in Auckland.
- Competitive, realistic prices.
- Impartial, confidential and professional service.
- A number of banks, solicitors, lending institutions and Real Estate agencies have recommended us extensively.
What is the process for a re-clad & how long will it take?
- Depending on the size of the repair, you will usually move out of the house. A standard, stand-alone house will on average take 10-12 weeks from start to finish to repair and re-clad.
- Scaffolding is first erected around the entire house and tarpaulins or shrink wrap used to keep the house watertight.
- Next the old cladding is removed and disposed of.
- A timber certifier/independent consultant will come and assess the framing timber marking all the timber that is to be replaced.
- Then, if you are using the existing windows, they are removed and fitted with new timber jambs to fit the new cavity system and all new rubber glass and corner seals.
- Repairs are then done and a timber preservative is painted on all existing framework and then wrapped in building paper.
- New cavity baton and flashings are installed.
- Windows are fitted with all new weather tight flashings & seals.
- The new cladding is installed.
- On completion of the job Weather Tight Solutions will arrange for council to issue you with a CCC (Code Compliance Certificate).